Wednesday 17 May 2017

MUST SEE - CARTIER RE-RELEASE AN ICON .... THE CARTIER PANTHERE....






May 5th in Los Angeles and a few days later in Hong Kong Cartier threw the parties of all parties to relaunch what is one if not their best iconic watches ........ The Panthere ..... As you can see from the pictures below I am on it and funnily enough I beat Anna Dello Russo on this trend and more importantly I bought mine!


The Panther is not the first ever watch produced by Cartier that accolade goes the the Santos model which is still alive and kicking today ... with the Panthere I was first turned on to it in the 80s growing up and watching Dynasty and the Colby's and saw Alexis aka Joan Collins wearing one and from then I said I wanted one ........



The Panthere in the 80s and 90s was a sign of wealth and went alongside the old green American Express card and both became must have items for traders on Wall Street and their partners (that's where I lived at the time) fast forward to the mid 90s and with the introduction of new models such as the tank Francaise Cartier was moving with the times.  A few years before this I was in Miami with my large size White Gold model below and an associate said to me "wow keep hold of that as you can only now get small and medium sizes and that will become a collector's item) for years it was there just sitting in my safe as I tried out brands like Rolex, Tag, Hublot and Theo Fennell to name a few and last year I decided to start wearing it again after I found out it's value ... my thought on this was if your going to get robbed at least give them something to rob! along with Love bracelets (I have a few Long story) and a newly accquired Juste un Clou diamond pave bracelet I jumped on the latest trend ....... The Cartier wrist stacks and more and more the Panthere was present on Instagram and people would ask and say they wish they could get that model


Fast forward to today Cartier has relaunched the Panthere and a new generation can't get enough of it and are snapping up mainly the yellow gold model ..... one thing with the Panthere and why it was and is once again the must have watch to wear is 

It's a great day piece...
It's a great night piece
In modern times it's great for the Cartier stack trend

and best of all what I like the most is ...

with the Panthere the design was all about jewellery first which the design screams this to you and secondly it was a watch!


Check out my model and the newly launched Panthere I really can't see any if much of a difference, for this reason I wont invested in the modern Panthere not unless peers put me under pressure but if I do buy a new model I will never get rid of my 90s white gold model ... like the associate said keep it .... collector's item 


To view the new Panthere de Cartier collection and see the watch in its many forms from steel right the way through to gold with diamonds and more visit CARTIER and for even more inspiration watch Dynasty and pay attention to Crystal and Alexis that's how I first got hooked 

These are definitely investment pieces ... 8 or 9 years ago I owned a Panthere ring and I was so broke didn't want to ask family or anyone for help so I had to sell it ....


I lived comfortably for 3 months off it .....















No comments: