Thursday 31 January 2013

UGG MEN'S SS 13 PRESS PREVIEW

Although I was only able to see an edited version of the collection for men from UGG for SS 13 I'm totally impressed with what I was shown. Let me take it from the top about the preview itself .... Not like any I've been to before.

Set within The Scotch Mason's Yard, London just behind the Jermyn Street ...... invited guests arrived to a whiskey inspired cocktail reception which I will be the first to admit I'm not a fan of but now totally won over..... We mingled and chatted until our whiskey tasting and talk and quiz so we had to make sure we were listening .... A talk on whiskey you may ask? But honestly it was very informative to the tune I came second in said quiz, so it was unlike press previews I've been to but it certainly made an impact.

We were then let loose to ahh and coo over the SS 13 and what a collection it is ...

I headed for the bags first which include travel, day bags and weekenders which were in canvas a leather to which I may add the leather emulated kid leather which is one of the best leathers around and to touch was like butter.

Now on to my forte.... Shoes!!! A well rounded collection which offers hi tops, loafers, ankle boots, sandals and the piste du resistance wingtips and derby's. The first thing noticeable about all the shoes were their weight and the lack of it ! Brilliant ideal for summer who wants to walk around with heavy boots in the sun but all are lightweight and breathable and have a unique feature they are lined with fur so for those sockless day your feet will breathe and won't end up having hard skin because of this feature.


With decks shoes hi tops called Geek Chic this is going to be a very popular collection ... The collection takes you the Marrakech a place which has attracted musicians, artists and moguls in search of exotic experiences. UGG for MEN SS 13 goes behind the red walls of a thriving ancient city that has emerged as an international epicentre of style and influence. UGG for MEN blends the foundational elements of the collections, authenticity, fine craftsmanship and effortless style with designs and colours inspired by the Red City.



Definitely worth checking out .......


































No comments: